Wednesday 27 May 2009

The Smiling Jesus.



I was speaking to a mother last week about the images of Jesus. She said her 3 year old did not like Jesus very much since he never smiled and was always sad. True, the smiling Jesus is rare since artists are pre-occupied ususally by stories from the Gospels and Jesus in teaching mode. I love the smiling Jesus in the above picture. How he loves little children and he once warned those who would hurt them that it would be better that a halter would be put around their neck and they were thrown into the sea I never was artistic but if I was what beautiful paintings are in my mind. Jesus dancing and singing at the Marriage Feast of Cana, for example. But more than this I would want to paint a picture of Our Mother Mary surrounded by her chldren. What a wonderful painting it would be.

1 comment:

  1. Such a rare and beautiful picture of Jesus! Oh my God! Where did you get this from?

    I was searching for a smiling picture of Jesus for my new blog post (rosebastin3.blogspot.com) dedicated to Christian devotional songs in Malayalam language. I hope you wouldn't mind taking this picture for my new post. I'd be, of course, including the image courtesy link back to his original post.

    Thank you very much for this post.

    With best regards,
    Rose (rosebastin@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete