Friday 1 May 2009

For `tis the month of Mary.

The sun is shining brightly, the trees are gold and green.
A beauteous bloom of flowers on every side is seen
The fields are gold and emerald and all the world is gay
For `tis the month of Mary, the lovely month of May.

There`s music in the hevens, thebirds are singing there
And natures songs and praises are sounding through the air
And we with hearts rejoicing, with joy we sing today
For `tis the month of Mary, the lovely month of May

Mary dear mother, we sings our humn to thee
Thou art the Queen of heaven, and you our Queen shall be
O rule us and guide us unto eternity.

Those of you who attended primary school at the same time as I did wil probably have started singing this old hymn as you read the words. It was a beautiful day for the 1st of May. I woke up composing the words for a hymn I am writing I have a melody but puting the words to it was difficult but on this blessed morning I think Mary inspired me. Unfortuanately I did not have a great deal of time since I had an appointment at Day Services concerning my son Kevin. Una and I went to town where she did some shopping while I made my way to the Church to say the Rosary. After praying I made my way around St Michaels and found so many catholic things there. A beautiful painting of Mary looking down on Jesus who lying on a sofa affair is looking up a her. There were paintings of course of St Michael the patron of Basingstoke. I touched the ancient stone pillars as many cahtolics had probably done prior to the Reformation and indeed I felt their presence. "It is good to be here" I told myself and praised God for the beauty of the place. Our Lady of Basngstoke, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment