Wednesday 24 June 2009

A Talk with My Mother.

O Mother, I am weary now,                                                                                                              Please take away this task,
Just give me love and give me joy                                                                                                        And this one thing I ask                                                                                                                        There are so many ways to serve,                                                                                                             I want the easy way
I just can`t give you every hour                                                                                                                 And minute of my day.

I hear your voice, how soft you speak
And yet this isn`t fair,
You tell me that you love your Son,
But ask how much I care?,
You tell me there is much to do,
And I must play my part,
My foolish words are not enough
For I must give my heart.

But Mother, yes, tomorrow
I`ll take all your goodness sends
But today I`ll have my pleasures
And make merry with my friends
Surely one more day won`t matter
I`ll be ready, wait and see
If you want this land converted
Then you can depend on me.

I hear you voice, dear Mother
And I hear the words you say,
You tell me what I uttered
Is the same as yesterday,
And when you ask tomorrow
I will use these words again,
So worthless are my promises
So idle is my pen.

O Mother I am so afraid,
Of what a `Yes` will cost
Can what I gain in serving you
Be more than all I`ve lost?
But I will place my trust in you
And Him, the world adores
And not tomorrow but today
O Mother, I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment